
2008 is sadly coming to an end. '08 has been the best year of my life. I loved every moment of being pregnant, almost every moment of labor, and of course every single second since Brendan entered this world. Becoming a parent with Casey has also been an incredible experience (most of the time).
2008 has also been an amazing year because some our closest friends & family have also become parents for the first time.
Matt & Carrenne were the first to have a baby this year. Mari was born in January, and I can't believe she will be turning 1 in a few weeks. It's been so much fun to watch her change and grow this past year.
Meghan and Chris also became proud parents to a baby girl. Delaney was born in October and I just love holding her, she is so tiny and adorable and reminds me of the early days with Brendan.
Casey's sister, Colleen, and her husband welcomed a baby girl into the world as well. Nora was born in late July and we can't wait to meet her this summer.
My cousin Joe & Andrea had Dominic just a couple of weeks after Brendan arrived. We were at their baby shower all day on April 12th - I was in labor a few hours after coming home from Pt. Reyes! I was probably in early labor at the baby shower and had no idea.
My parents became grandparents for the first time. After years of asking for a grandchild (even before Casey and I were married), my mom's wish finally came true. Now, she's asking me when the next one is coming - keep wishing mom- it's going to be a while! My brother's also became first time uncles and of course, they love it.
In 2009, Justin & Erin are expecting a baby Weaver in late March, while Stephanie (Dupont) & Nick will be welcoming a baby girl Golda in April. My cousin Katie & Joe will be welcoming their 3rd boy in ealry June, while Kyle & Lacey are expecting their 2nd baby sometime in the late summer. I'm sure there will be more announcements too!
So many babies! It's so much fun to have others as baby-centric as we are these days.
Our gatherings with our friends are getting earlier and earlier - we're celebrating New Year's Eve with the Purtells tonight at 5pm! We're just going out for A drink (at least Carrenne and I will only have 1, if that) and plan on being home before 7pm. Wow! Times have changed!
I look forward 2009 as I know it will bring more memories with Brendan into our lives. 2008, especially April 13th, will always hold a special place in my heart and some of my fondest memories.
1 comment:
Happy New Year! I agree 2008 has been the best year ever. To many more great memories.
Love The Phillips!
Post a Comment